Monday, November 30, 2009

After Thanksgiving Tales

Happy Belated Turkey Day to Everyone.

I was not able to post until now because Mom has been busy - she had a wedding delivery the day before Thanksgiving! Then she was busy getting things together for Thanksgiving - one of which was ths H-U-G-E Turkey.
Here it is before she stuffed it and put it in the oven to roast. She made sure she gave us some to eat also. We - Psycho Pup and I - had turkey, and turkey gravy mixed in with our turkey kibble. YUM!!! It was so good!

Mom did not do any hopping this weekend - except for me. She had to get me a new mat. Psycho Pup ate my mat that Mom bought me from DVSHR. It is usually near the deck door and my bowls, since that is one of my favorite spots.

This is actually only a temporary one, but as you can see I already personalized it with my fluffies. Mom is going to get me a different one after the Howlidays.

Speaking of the Howlidays, Mom started decorating over the weekend - and as usual out came those stupid Reindeer antlers. I had to try them on and so did Pele.I have no idea why they humiliate us this way. They had to force us to stand still for pictures but what self-respecting Siberian would willing wear one of these things?

Mom put up a smaller tree than usual this year. She is afraid that Psycho Pup will knock our big one over. The smaller tree was Dad's idea - I'm with him, I think she will knock it over - she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Mom is a little disappointed that her big tree isn't up, but she understands.

I think she did a very good job on it, considering a lot of the ornaments that go on the big tree are too heavy for the little one. She was able to use some balls, polar bears, icicles, snowflakes and blue bows.
She even got a special ornament and put Magic's picture in it to hang on the tree. The snowflakes remind Mom of Magic, she loved the snow.

Mom also put up one of her Nativity sets. The one she used this year is a Native American Nativity. It is a really cute set.

She did want to use her Traditional Nativity, but she forgot where she put it when she packed it away.

Next weekend Dad is going to put up the lights!! Oooh, I can't wait!

8 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo are in fur one pawesome khristmas howliday with that sweet sisfur of yours!

Tank woo fur sharing your latest tales!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

It looks like you're really in the holiday spirit. We got some turkey, but no gravy. What's up with that?

You're right. Those reindeer antlers are horrible.

Steve

D.K. Wall said...

All of it looks really cool, except for the antlers. I think they need to be chewed. A lot.

DKMaialetti said...

Hi Khyra, I sure am. She is a trip - so funny.
-Georgie

DKMaialetti said...

Hi Steve,
No Gravy?! What IS up with that? You should make sure you tell your Mom that you LOVE gravy!
-Georgie

DKMaialetti said...

Hey Thundering Herd,
I'm with you - we need to do away with those antlers. What is even worse is that Mom is actually going to mak Christmas cards out of those pictures. How embarrassing!!
-Georgie

Khady Lynn said...

Oh goodness. I can see the humiliation on both of your faces. I'm so sorry your had to endure your human's silliness with those antlers!

The tree is beautiful!!!! The snowflake ornament with Magic's picture is beautiful! She will be smiling down on all of you this Christmas.

Holly and Khady Lynn

DKMaialetti said...

Hi Holly & Khady,
We are definitely embarrassed. Mom also made Christmas Cards from those pictures and she is sending them to everyone!!
Oh How Embarrassing!!!
-Georgie